Monday, July 27, 2009

No title.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that my toddler had died. I don't remember how she died, only that it came as a shock. I was trying to absorb the fact that she was gone when she just reappeared, out of nowhere. I didn't know if she was real or if I had lost my mind.

I can't remember the last time I was so grateful to wake up. To be able to wake up, because it wasn't real. And I can't stop thinking about a friend of mine, who has been living a nightmare from which she cannot wake up, because it is real. Two weeks ago tomorrow, she nearly lost her baby boy in a near-drowning accident. He is still with us, due to something I can only assume is some kind of miracle, and there is still so much to be done in his recovery.

His birthday - his first birthday - is Friday. To learn more about his story, and see how you can help in his recovery, visit his mother's blog.

Happy birthday, sweet boy. We are so very glad you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment